The Pumpkin Carving Personality Test | Family Home Evening
It rarely rains in Southern California these days, but the clouds gathered just in time for our annual pumpkin carving and fall soup Family Home Evening session with the Hansens. Chrissy decked out the dining room table with a diverse array of pumpkins, a legitimately creepy candelabra and a halloween-themed spread. The dimmed lighting, stormy weather and killer halloween Kidz Bop playlist made it actually feel like halloween.
There might be something to the idea that the way you carve/decorate your pumpkin is somehow a reflection of your personality. For instance:
- Naomi was calm, deliberate and thorough as she methodically painted her pumpkin
- Grant vacillated between wildly splattering paint around his (and others') pumpkins and meticulously coloring his
- Gideon eagerly chose the most difficult carving pattern and handed off the tool to his dad to execute
- Luke, unsurprisingly, couldn't say no to Gideon
- Ashley helped everyone make theirs prettier and kept the peace
- Chrissy made the fanciest pumpkin and got the party started with the playlist
- Mack stabbed the pumpkins and got paint all over the room.
That tells you a lot about our family.
Of course, I didn't carve any pumpkins since I peaked back in Fall of 2014 when I carved my pièce de résistance: Mitt Forever (pictured). That, and my OCD acts up when the pumpkin slime hits my hands. But I'll take the photos.
One final note. I picked up my costume-that-shall-not-be-named in preparation for Monday, though you can catch a teaser at the bottom of the post...